Hello There

My thoughts about Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, cooking, gardening, and anything else that catches my fancy.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Sympathy

I wanted to take this opportunity to extend my sincerest sympathies to those affected by the senseless acts of violence committed today at the Sikh temple in Wisconsin. Details are sketchy at the moment, but it sounds as though it was a hate crime directed at a religious minority. As a Pagan, I'm only too aware that there is still much hatred directed against non-standard religions in the US. Terrible events like this remind us that there is still a long, long way to go before we can hope for an end to the cycle of violence and hatred. I hope that all my readers, of any religious persuasion (or none) will take a moment from their day and send thoughts of healing to those who have been hurt or who have lost loved ones in this terrible, cowardly attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment