Hello There

My thoughts about Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, cooking, gardening, and anything else that catches my fancy.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hallowe'en Approaches!

October is finally upon us, and Hallowe'en approaches. This will be my first Hallows in my new home, and I am quite excited about it. When I still lived in Texas, October was likely to be hot and much the same as summer. In my new Pacific Northwest home, however, it's definitely Autumn now. The days are cool, the nights chilly, and the trees are changing to beautiful shades  of red and gold and yellow.

Oregon is well known for its farming, and every year it's possible to go and pick your own  fruit at some of the local farms. It's past the season for blackberries and blueberries, but it's just the time for pumpkins. I'm going to be visiting a local farm soon where you can pick your own pumpkins, visit a corn maze, and do all kinds of Hallowe'en related activities. I also need to get my ancestor altar up and running; unfortunately, I don't have a lot of space in my new bedroom, and as I share my house with non-magical people I am limited as to where I can work.

I've added a picture of the mountains and low-hanging clouds that I took during my trip to the Tillamook cheese factory last week. I'll be posting more about that later. I hope you enjoy, and I hope that all of my readers are having a good Fall so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment