Hello There

My thoughts about Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, cooking, gardening, and anything else that catches my fancy.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Herbs and Remedies!

Tomorrow, I should be getting a HUGE order from Mountain Rose Herbs, my favourite herb supplier. I've got loads of essential oils, bulk herbs, waxes, and butters making up the order, so I'll be able to mix up various oils and ointments. Meanwhile, at home, I've been working on making a Mugwort infused oil; I cleaned and sterilized a Mason jar, filled it a quarter of the way with dried Mugwort, and topped it off with Sunflower oil. I put the jar in the window, and every day I've got to shake it thoroughly to mix the oil and plants together. In six weeks, I've have an infused oil that will be perfect for use in flying ointment, salves, anointing ritual tools, and the like.

Here's a pic of how it looks now. Sorry for the poor quality, I had to use my phone to take the pic. Hope everybody is well!


No comments:

Post a Comment