Hello There

My thoughts about Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, cooking, gardening, and anything else that catches my fancy.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

On The Road

Yesterday I packed up my Texas apartment into a UHaul and made my way to my friend's place so we could pack the moving pod. We're leaving tomorrow on our way to Oregon. It's going to be quite the road trip, but I'm really looking forward to it. The Pacific Northwest is an ideal location for Witches; many sacred trees such as Rowan and Hazel grow there, and the huge forests are ideal working spots and guarantee privacy. Of course I'll be posting loads of pictures of my new home when I get there.

It's interesting how much a cross-country move in some way mirrors an initiatory experience. You lose your ordered way of living, undergo frightening trials (try driving a UHaul for hours on the freeway and in downtown!) and then have to rebuild your life from the ground up before expanding into something new and different. It's also made me become less dependent on physical things; when you have a finite amount of space, you tend to keep only what is really important and let go of what is not.



No comments:

Post a Comment