Hello There

My thoughts about Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, cooking, gardening, and anything else that catches my fancy.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Home and "The Black Toad"

I've not written in a while for a few reasons. One, I moved into my new place around May 5th and it's taken some time to get settled in. I literally moved just across the street, but the new place is up a flight of stairs and was a nightmare to get everything in to. I am much happier in my new home, however, now that I am settled in. I now live in a kind of free-standing "tower" with no neighbors, so it's much quieter (I was having problems with noise from the apartment above me in the old place.) Also, my new kitchen is much larger so I am finally able to cook for real again!

In Witch news, Gemma Gary has a new book coming out called "The Black Toad: West Country Witchcraft And Magic." I recently got the updated version of her first one (I have the original as well) "Traditional Witchcraft: A Cornish Book of Ways." Here is a description from the website,
Troy Books.

"Described within The Black Toad is a collection of some of the fascinating magical practices and lore of the West Country’s cunning folk and early modern witches;  ways that have survived and evolved within the rarefied Craft of the area’s modern day witchcraft practitioners of the old persuasion. As this book affirms, these ways of the Old Craft and Cunning Arte include a belief in and working relationship with the spirit forces of the land, the Faerie, animal and plant lore, as well as the magical use of Psalms to cure or curse, the invocation of Christ and the power of the Holy Trinity."

Sounds amazing, yes? I very much look forward to it and hope it becomes available soon.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on moving into your new home and thank you for news about the new book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I pre-ordered my copy yesterday, though it doesn't ship for a couple of months. So excited about it, it's going to be hard to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Raven for your kind words about the new book (and the old one). I hope you enjoy it when it finally arrives - I'm looking forward to seeing it in print also!
    Congratulations on the home move - many blessings on your hearth!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemma, I am sure I will love it! I pre-ordered my hardback copy last week, so now I've only got to manage to be patient until it ships out. And thank you for your kinds words about my move; I am much happier in the new place.

      Delete
  4. OMGs Gemma Gary *fangirls* Happy anticipation for your new book!
    I smell a book talk via skype, Mr. Raven :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a Skype book talk would be great! I don't think you and I have ever actually spoken, have we? 'Twould be a fun thing.

      Delete