Hello There

My thoughts about Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, cooking, gardening, and anything else that catches my fancy.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Autumn Hazel Harvest

Yesterday, on Wednesday (the Day of Mercury) I went and did a huge harvest of Hazel wood. Some of it is for my personal use; I am making a new Stang, a staff, and a handle for the broomstick I am working on. The rest is going to be sold off in my shop. I am selling both the raw wood, for the buyer to make their own wand, and at some point I'll be selling hand-crafted wands as well.  I've spent the morning stripping bark from some of the branches and cutting them down to size.

Hazel, the wood of wisdom, inspiration, and divination, is considered by many to be the best choice for crafting the all-purpose magical wand and for the Witch's staff. It is also the wood most frequently recommended by the old Grimoires for the magic wand. If any of my readers are interested in the Hazel wood I have to offer, please send me a message and let me know and I can share prices with you.

Here are a few images of my harvest. In one you can see the forked stick for my new Stang, and I'm including pics of the raw wood and the bark removal process as well. Enjoy!

Using my knife to strip the bark

Hazel wood

My new Stang, after the bark removal

No comments:

Post a Comment