Hello There

My thoughts about Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, cooking, gardening, and anything else that catches my fancy.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hallowe'en Week Cometh


Hallowe'en is almost here! My favourite holiday of the year! There's nothing I like better than crunchy  autumn leaves, spooky pumpkins, witchy movies, and hot apple cider. Fortunately the house I live in is already old and spooky, and needs but little in the way of decoration. Even so, I am spending this weekend carving pumpkins and hanging lights and otherwise doing last-minute preparations.

On Hallowe'en night itself I will pass out candy to trick-or-treaters, watch some scary movies, and host a private Dumb Supper to honour my ancestors. Late in the evening I will be holding a ritual with some friends. As, sadly, many of my best friends have passed away, Hallowe'en is a bit like a reunion to me, as it's during this time of year that the veil is thinnest.

Here are a few images of my Hallowe'en preparations as well as the beautiful autumn scenery here in the Pacific Northwest. I do hope that all of my followers have a safe and magical holiday, and I hope to hear about YOUR Hallowe'en experiences as well!


Leaf-covered streets



My spooky house at dusk


No comments:

Post a Comment