Hello There

My thoughts about Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, cooking, gardening, and anything else that catches my fancy.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oh My Gods!

I just got in a new shipment from the ever-reliable 13 Moons (the only witch shop I trust, since I've dealt with them many times and they're always reasonable priced, prompt, and sell high-quality merchandise) and, among other things, got my new "Seated God and Goddess" statues. Designed by Paul Borda, they're made of plaster and resemble (as blogger friend Veles pointed out) the statues that sat on Doreen Valiente's altar. I absolutely LOVE them; they much resemble the picture I have, in my own mind, of what the Gods might look like.

Anyway, here's a pic of Them on my altar. Just wanted to share my happiness!

2 comments:

  1. Jealous!!!!!!

    They really are gorgeous and They look very happy in Their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I love these statues. They're bigger and more substantial than I thought they would be, which is a big plus, and they are VERY detailed. I'm very, very pleased and glad I got the wood-toned ones, since I think it looks more like something an ancient craftsman would have made. I've got a pendant done by Borda as well, he's my favourite Pagan artist.

    ReplyDelete