Hello There

My thoughts about Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, cooking, gardening, and anything else that catches my fancy.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Protection Incense

I was sitting around, staring at my herb collection, when I suddenly thought, "I should make something."  I feel like I spend too much time on my blog showing things off, talking about stuff, but never actually creating or doing workings, so here's a step in the right direction.  I decided to make a protection incense; I have some good recipes for it, and it's easy to do.  I started off with one of Cunningham's recipes from "Oils, Incenses, and Brews" but then altered it to suit my taste.  It called for Dragon's Blood,  but that makes such a mess, I substituted Rosemary instead.

Anyway, here's the final recipe:

1 tbs. Frankincense
1 tbs. Myrhh
1/2 tbs. Cloves
1/2 tbs. Rosemary

I ground them all up in my mortar and pestle.  I probably should have used powdered cloves instead of whole ones, as they were hard to crush, but I think it turned out well in the end.  It smells awesome!  Haven't put any to use yet, though.  Here's some pics, enjoy. You can see a spell candle burning off to the left.
How witchy!

Herbs are ground and powdered

Final Result

No comments:

Post a Comment