Hello There

My thoughts about Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, cooking, gardening, and anything else that catches my fancy.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Equinox/Mabon!

To all my friends, I hope you have/have had a wonderful and magical holiday.

In other news, I am still in love with my new book purchase, "The Witchcraft of Dame Darrel of York." I've been a lazy goose and haven't done the pictures I promised yet, but I'll get them up in a day or so. So far, so good...the book is amazing, and full of interesting tidbits and stories (including one in which "Yuell" saves a town from a were-wolf type creature.)

I also bought and read a copy of the book, "Lammas Night." If you don't know, it's the semi-fictionalized tale of English Witches and other magical practitioners, working together to magically repel Hitler (who's portrayed as an evil magician in the book, which considering his interest in the occult might not be far from the truth) from invading the shores of England. I was surprised at what a wonderful work it was, and I actually found myself tearing up at several points. Highly, highly recommend.


3 comments:

  1. I've been trying to get a copy of this *FOREVER*! Everyone I know says amazing things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my copy from Amazon for not TOO much. Hardback editions go for hundreds of bucks, but I got my l'il paperback for around 7 dollars. Too bad you don't live closer, or I'd let you borrow it, since I am finished. It was definitely MUCH better than I expected, and surprisingly poignant and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely one of my favourite books!

    Did you know that some of the characters from this book turn up in another Katherine Kurtz book, The Adept: Book Three, The Templar Treasure?
    It's part of a great series she wrote with Deborah Turner Harris.

    ReplyDelete